Helpful Resources for Minnesota DWI and Criminal Cases
Check Your Minnesota Driver’s License Status at www.mndriveinfo.org or by calling 651-284-2000(automated system)
Minnesota Driver Evaluation: 651-296-2025
- Evaluators answer questions regarding driver’s license history, revocation, cancellation, suspension, and reinstatement
- Calls accepted Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Number is often busy; dialing repeatedly is recommended
- When prompted, state “agent” and have your driver’s license number available and wait up to five minutes to speak with an evaluator
Minnesota License Plate Impoundment Division: 651-297-5034
- state “agent” when prompted and have driver’s license and plate numbers available
- Request Administrative Review of License Plate Impoundment
Minnesota DWI Knowledge Test: Chapters 7 and 8 of Driving Manual
Metro Locations Where Drivers Can Take DWI Knowledge Test and Meet with License Evaluator to Obtain a Limited License (if eligible):
- Minneapolis Office – 2929 Chicago Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55407; M-F 9:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- St. Paul Office – 445 Minnesota St., St. Paul, MN 55101; M-F 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Plymouth Office – 2455 Fernbrook Lane, Plymouth, MN 55447; M-F 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Arden Hills Office – 35E, Highway 8 & County Road I West, Arden Hills, MN 55112 (apparently there is no actual address for this location); M-F 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Eagan Office – 2070 Cliff Road, Eagan, MN 55122; M-F 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Forms to apply for the program
- Checklist for revoked drivers (most drivers)
- Checklist for canceled IPS drivers (drivers with 3 or 4+ DWIs)
- Guidelines for ignition interlock program
- Vendors of ignition interlock devices
Below is information applicable to four judicial districts in Minnesota
- Suburban Court Calendars
- DWI Court
- Hennepin County Criminal Court Facts
- Register for ONE-DAY DWI PROGRAM at Hennepin County One-Day Program
- Hennepin County STS – to schedule call 612-596-9220
- Hennepin County Workhouse
- Electronic Home Monitoring (house arrest)
- Work Release Admissions
- Inmate Roster
- Hennepin County Traffic Tickets and Fines
- Pay Hennepin County Traffic Tickets Online
- (Note: paying a traffic citation fine is pleading guilty and will affect your driving record. You should consult with a lawyer before doing so because you may be able to keep the incident off of your driving record.)
- Daily Court Calendar
- Weekly Court Calendar
- DWI Court Program
- Ramsey County Criminal and Traffic Court Facts
- Ramsey County Traffic Violations Bureau
- Pay Ramsey County Traffic Tickets Online
- (Note: paying a traffic ticket fine is pleading guilty and will affect your driving record. You should consult with a lawyer before doing so because you may be able to keep the incident off of your driving record.)
- Driver Diversion Program for St. Paul offenses of Driving after Revocation and Driving after Suspension, allowing some drivers to avoid convictions
First Judicial District (Carver County, Dakota County, Goodhue County, Le Sueur County, McLeod County, Scott County, and Sibley County)
Tenth Judicial District (Anoka County, Chisago County, Isanti County, Kanabec County, Pine County, Sherburne County, Washington County, and Wright County)
(Note: paying a traffic ticket fine is pleading guilty and will affect your driving record. You should consult with a lawyer before doing so because you may be able to keep the incident off of your driving record.)
Minnesota Appellate Court Opinions Online (since 1996): www.lawlibrary.state.mn.us/archive/
Minnesota trial court public access: pa.courts.state.mn.us
- Please note that the public trial court access site does list criminal cases that are pending or dismissed unless one searches by case number.
Minnesota BCA criminal history: cch.state.mn.us/pcchOffenderSearch.aspx
- Convictions are publicly available for 15 years, although not every misdemeanor conviction will appear here. If one’s criminal history is incorrectly reported on this site, the individual should contact the BCA to correct the errors.
FBI National Criminal Records: FBI website regarding background checks